What's new: 2017
- Launched Wele Youth Entrepreneurial Program
- Plans to launch Nature Rocks to provide outdoor activities including hiking, camping, fishing, nature conservation program in 2017
- Hosted Great American Clean-up
- Worked with Highlands County on sidewalks
- Worked with Tax Division & County Attorney to change special Lighting District non-ad Valorem to Special District to enable funds paid by the community to serve the community to improve amenities..not just lights
- Installed beautification project on Anderson, Crestmore, and US Hwy 27 (not covered by the US HWY 27 FDOT grant)
- Launching Art Works to use the Arts as a catalyst to the economic revitalization of the community
- Hosting 4th Annual Founders Day Celebration Art & Health Fair November 11, 2017
What's new: 2016
- Advocated for first sidewalks in the community (Crestmore to Washington Street)
- Removed 26 tons of waste/debris in 3 Great American Clean-ups
- Co-hosted 1st political forum ..all parties
- 3rd Annual Founders Day Scheduled November 12, 2016
- Health Fair scheduled 11/12/2016
- Fruit Tree replacement grant (Aug - Sept) KAB/UPS
- Advocated to Highlands County to pay the $38,000 maintenance fee once US Hwy 27 Beautification is installed in 2017
- Advocated for removal of big rigs parked illegally in a residential area
- Developed Wele Youth Program (planned launch Summer 2017)
- Completed another successful Health Fair at the annual Founders Day Celebration. Over 150 locals were provided free health screenings, 75 breakfasts, fun, children & seniors activities, live entertainment, and more.
- 85% completion of The Village Green Park & Resource Center at 104 & 106 Washington Street. Purchased two lots (one with a vacant building). Currently renovating the building.
- Held GED classes in conjunction with Florida State College at the new resource center.
- Planted 15 full sized (20 ft Palm Trees on Crestmore & Washington Street.
- Our own Keep Highway Park Beautiful Commission under Keep America Beautiful to help with litter reduction, recycling, & more.
Won the coveted Bill Nash Award through Keep America Beautiful.
- Hosted another successful Highway Park Rising Charity Ball
- Negotiated with Highlands County for new sidewalks & paved parking in Commercial District of Crestmore Street and Washington Street up to Village Green